Donate to Elect Jane

Friday, November 5, 2010

We Won!

We Won!

Thank you for the support, calls, volunteer hours and donations to help elect me to the Hastings School Board.  While I do not officially start my tenure as a School Board Member until January, I am hitting the ground running to ensure our kids get healthy lunches.

In November, I will attend the Nebraska Medical Association Child Health and Obesity Policy Meeting as well as the Nebraska School Board Association meeting. Then, in December I will attend a "Farms to Schools" meeting to gather ideas and best practices from schools in Nebraska that are implementing a healthy school lunch program.

You can always stay updated on my Facebook page which is where I keep updates and news current.

Thank you for believing in the vision of healthier school lunches.  I know we can tackle this challenge and other issues that come our way together, with our kids' best interests as our common ground.

If you have ideas or questions, please email me.

PS: Here are some healthy school lunch ideas, hopefully soon you will see these types of lunches in our kids' schools!  If you live in Hastings, come by the Longfellow Fall Festival on Nov. 11th, 6-8pm to get a taste of healthy local food!

No comments:

Post a Comment